Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!




1 year ago today me and Neal could barely think of anything else except for the reality that our little guy whom we were anxiously waiting the past 9 months for was scheduled to arrive in the morning.

Wednesday December 12th 2007 after not really sleeping we headed out the door at 8 am and were on our way to the hospital to deliver our Christmas gift! I was induced around 9:30 in the morning and had Reiley delivered at 2:59 in the after noon. I had an amazing delivery and most of all had the most beautiful child in my arms.

The past year has been the best year of my life. Reiley has been my world. A happy healthy kid who makes me smile and laugh and be more thankful than I ever thought was possible. I will admit the first 3 months was hell, only because I had no idea what I was doing, but managed to figure it all out and have been able to raise the most beautiful healthy boy!

Right now Reiley loves to tease and play with a little bus with his little voice trying to get out "vroom", loves to sing and dance and hang out with his dad. Says dada to much! And I swear he trying to babble on a conversation once in a while. He weighs at least 25 pounds and is way taller than I would have expected. His hair is getting long and his eyes seem to be staying sea green. He has 6 teeth working on the 7th. Lucky 7 has not been so lucky, he had his 1st fever in his first year of life and I have never seen him so sad. But he fought through it and was himself in no time. I am so thankful this is the only time he has felt crummy.

I can't believe how fast time flies, and can't thank my family and Neals family enough for being such great support to me and such great grandparents to Reiley. And to Neal-thank you for being such a GREAT father and giving me the most beautiful child. You and Reiley make me.

2 comments:

Manolakis Family said...

Happy Birthday Reiley! He is so absolutely adorable and gives the world's best loves.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Reiley! What darling photography! Who does this for you?? I have the plain ol' pics taken all the time.