Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hello!

As much time as I spend in front of the computer you would think I would be better at blogging, but I am not. So here goes a long update, only as long as I can stand!
Here it goes..............

Reiley has just started day care which seems to be good other than the fact he has already come home with his first illness(s). Ear infection and RSV. He actually had a cough for a while, I was in denial of any sickness and just figured it was a little post nasal drip as the air quality in Salt Lake as every one know has been horrible, but in fact it was a case of the RSV. I luckily got him into the pede soon enough I was made aware of the issue and was able to stay home from work for a couple days to make sure he was not exposed to anything else while he was so vulnerable already. He actually didn't even act sick for a while until a couple weekends ago I thought for sure I was going to be making a trip to Primarys due to a non stop cough and the little gut being in pain with each cough and just plain uncomfortable. I was able to calm him after about an hour of the saddest cries and screams by sitting in a hot steamy bathroom with him and undressing him down to a diaper, laying him next to me on the couch while I was watching the Bachelor and tickled him to sleep.

It wore me out. I hope I don't have to be alone each time he comes down with something, because I honestly felt completley helpless and had no idea what I was doing and could have used Neal to get me through it. But I manage either way! So he is recovered for the most part, just has some major nose drainage, which even though he is my sunshine, all that snot is really gross! But day care is not all bad, he is doing good there and I just recently found out the director of the center is one of our close friends, Sommers grandma so I feel comfortable in knowing that since she knows who we are, not just another family @ day care, Reiley should be getting special attention and I am totally fine with that!

Days that I haven't been taking Reiley to day care my cute little Grandma has been coming down to watch him. THANK GOD FOR GRANDPARENTS.


I'm not sure how much time you have on your hands so for the rest of the post I am going to keep it short and sweet! I would rather you see all thats going on rather than be burned out with jib jab!

Took Reiley to the living planet Aquirium and his favorite part was the touch pool with the sting rays. He obviously just wanted to splash in the water, and could care less about the rays. It was a good thing because I wasn't about to touch a sting ray either.


Reiley is cruising along with his personality, I really think it's impossible for him to get any cuter or smarter and finally he is walking! We are about done with the bottle and he is a back talker. I am a push over! He loves to dance and tear all his clothes out of his dresser, then out them back and start all over again. He is a lover hugs and kisses he can' get enough of and he loves to wrestle. I am sure he will teach Neal a few of his mommas skills when he gets home! I also cut his mullet if today. It had to go!



BEFORE

AFTER


Neal gets home at 5 or 6 tomorrow morning, and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM! I am used to it when he leaves and he has only been gone for a bout 3 1/2 weeks but this time seems like its been FOREVER. I need my man and some much needed adult time! He has been all over the midwest and when he was in Alabama there was tornado sirens that went off twice while they were at the show. SCARY! I told him he is not allowed to go back there this time of year. His managers can call me and I will tell them that! He is only going to be home for a day or so then starts his tour with Candlebox which is awesome. I am going to go see him in Vegas the end of the month. That will be a good time. As far as we know he will be home most of April, lets hope it stays that way!

I am still just working away and just took on 5 more hours which technically makes me full time every other week. I am doing good. Needing some alone time here and there but have managed to drink a glass of wine at night and rent a few movies to keep me entertained. Except Mondays and Thursdays, as I like most of you can't miss the Bachelor or Greys! I also talked with Neal about his idea of trying for #2 in September. I know it's not going to happen then so I am begging him to let me get my boobs fixed as I am more and more self conscious about them. They are horrible and I feel not right. Preach all you want! I need some volume! ASAP

talk to you in a month!

2 comments:

Manolakis Family said...

Great update Linz! I loved the videos too- Reiley is just too cute!! My last weeks have been filled with much of the same. Greg has been out of town a lot too (certainly not the rockstar schedule). Lexie managed to get very sick while he was gone and it is so hard to be a single mom while your partner is gone and your baby is sick... nebulizer treatments, steriods, and high fevers - Yuck! Lets get together soon. Lots of Love!!

Holly said...

Wow. Sick babies are not fun and I can only imagine being a full time Mom to that. Since I am only a part time Mom to Lucy I get a lot of relief from all of that. However, I would take it on for her in a heart beat! It was nice seeing you at Iggys last month. Lets do it again real soon!