Monday, May 11, 2009

My life as a momma............


Wake up-7:15
Shower
Get Reiley out of bed and make banana smoothie-7:30
Leave to take Reiley to day care 8:30
Get to work by 9
8 hours of work
Off @ 5:00
Dinner at 6:00
Bath time 7:00
Put Reiley to bed 8:00
Alone time which is nice, but lonely!

This is my routine 5 days a week and I HATE IT! Really I have 2 maybe 3 hours of the day to be with the light of my life. I hate the thought that his day care givers are with him more hours of the week than me. But I realize it is just a part of being a working parent. We have had the same routine down for months/year and has really kept Reiley right on track but when he is not right in front of my face with his big pearly whites flashing at me, I am sad!

Neal has been gone for a few weeks and doesn't get home for another 3 weeks. With all this time Neal has been gone I have really bonded with Reiley on a level I don't think anyone could really understand. Unless you are a single mother. I know all mothers love their children more than anything, but I guess I feel different because Reiley is all I have got! I don't have an extra set of hands and sometimes feel like I may not even be able to use me own. But the way Reiley makes me feel makes any bad moment go away! And lately I have had a few of them.

This is a hard way to raise a child, alone. I wish Neal could be around more to see how gosh dang smart his son is growing up to be. I know Neal feels the same way and I guess for Neal, he probably feels different for his son than any other dad. We both know though that what we are enduring as a family right now will be worth it in the end!

The time I do have with Reiley has been quite the adventure! We have been going to the Zoo, gardening, going to park after park and eating KFC, finger painting, wrestling, singing, you name it we have done it or we will be doing it on my next day off!
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

Reiley is full of words and loves to talk.
Ball, car, kittycat, cracker, wawa, shoe, and my momma, fly out of his mouth! Along with all the babble in between. He knows mommas ear, eye, ma ma mouth, nose, belly button and a mole on my stomach which he always has to point at and say "MO" oh and he loves to pinch my flabby stomach. Like I said he makes all the bad moment go away!
He is great at showing me the itsy, bitsy spider (the whole song). The kid can take directions like a soldier! I ask him to go put his shoes away and I find them in random drawers. And lately we have to wave and say goodnight to pretty much everything in the house before I can even close his bedroom door for bed time. Other than me being his favorite thing in the world I am sure Mazzy is his best friend! And I stopped giving him flax seed because I think it's working to well!

Mothers Day just passed and I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful son and such a wonderful husband, even though he is thousands of miles away he reminds me of how great I really am, because it is really hard to forget, and he always reminds me how much I am loved. I am so lucky. I truly feel that I have the 2 best men in the entire world! Neal and of coarse my lil Bubba!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Duh, that was so cute. I can't imagine anything tougher than being a single mom. And while you have a loving husband, I can totally see how you could feel that way sometimes with him being gone so much. Your little boy is lucky to have such a good mommy. There is nothing better you can do for him than love him like you do!

Teisa Linscott said...

Your the best little momma I know.... well except for me of course. ha ha.... call me if you need some help with him.

Lori said...

LOVE the pictures. Reiley looks SO happy! You really must be doing a GREAT job!

This is Us said...

Reiley is such a cutie. It's amazing how they can put a smile on your face when everything else is getting you down. Single parenting is hard but you also don't have to share him with anyone. lol.