Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

Both Neal and I have such great fathers who are very important people in our lives. My dad absolutely loves Neal and I'm pretty sure Grandpa Mike Loves ma little to. Both dads have taught me and Neal so much, I am grateful we can use the lessons they have taught us as we are raising a toddler and I truly appreciate the love and support they both give us as we have started our family and one day will have more than 3!

Something funny about my dad is he never and I mean NEVER backs down from an argument but he will fully admit that I am the only one that can put him in his place! But believe I have put alot of blood, sweat and tears into being able to feit that almost impossible task!


Most people say that I am exactly like my dad. Pessimistic and stubborn but oh so full of so much love and compassion and the people in my life that I love know it!

Neal and his dad are quite similar as well. Both Paula and I have to make sure the boys are being gentle while fixing things around the house or else there superman strength is bound to break whatever is already broken! Neal looks up to his dad with so much admiration, I am so lucky that Neal possesses the same qualities as his dad when it comes to loving and respecting his woman. He always talks about how his dad is always out to make sure Paula is as happy as can be and notices how he always finds a way to be close to her and to be able to touch her by either holding her hand or touching her leg while they sit next to each other.

Neal, having the job that he does, obviously has a lot of temptation around, but I am so okay with this. Because not only does he not want to hurt me or let me down. He does not want to let his dad down. Thanks Mike!

Comparing Reiley to his dad. Well lets just say Mini Neal has taken over my house. He is as clumsy as his dad, loves music (he plays air guitar and head bangs) loves to eat and loves momma!

Neal is such a great dad. I am so glad we have had a chance to do some fun things as a family while Neal is home. We bought Reiley an awesome little pool. It would be great if it can stay warm so we can use it more than once! We have also gone to the Zoo, the aquarium and for Fathers Day went to Snowbird for a little beer, BBQ and music! I love being with my boys!






3 comments:

Manolakis Family said...

Those pictures are so adorable - can't wait to see you and catch up! Oh and ps... Happy Father's Day Neal!

Wes Mathis said...

I love the photo of Reiley looking up at the bandstand. I think you've got a future musician on your hands...

Wes said...

I also like the last pic with Reiley and Neal. Talk about spitting images of each other. The only difference between them is about 29 years. That's it...